- 1 lemon (rind only)
- ½-1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cm ginger peeled
- 500 g diced chicken breast
- 1 lemon (rind from 1, juice from 2)
- 200 ml water
- 1 chicken or vegetable stock cube
- 30 g sugar
- 25 g cornflour
Place diced chicken in a large freezer bag.
Add black pepper, the rind of 1 lemon, crushed garlic and ginger to the chicken. Massage the marinade mix into the chicken to coat it as much as possible. Allow to marinate for at least half an hour.
In a large jug mix together the juice from both lemons as well as the rest of the sauce ingredients.
Pan fry your diced chicken and when partially cooked add the sauce liquid and cook until it thickens.
Serve with rice or vegetables.
- You will want approx 400ml of liquid including water.
- Mix frozen peas or corn through your rice for the last 5 minutes of cooking time for extra colour.
- Stock, sugar and pepper are to taste. You could leave stock cube out but you may need to season with salt.
I have posted the Thermomix version of this recipe on Recipe Community - https://www.recipecommunity.com.au/main-dishes-meat-recipes/lemon-pepper-chicken/qwn79p9v-f02b8-784319-cfcd2-79m3nzkk